I was browsing the Net today looking for Wedding Cake ideas. There are so many ways to design a cake, but only a few present the elegant image that I find perfect for a wedding cake. Many of the cake designs that work well for me are topped with floral arrangements. The flowers really add a nice touch to a wedding cake. A few flower toppers look clean and simply, but present very elegantly. When you begin to incorporate a lot of different colors or objects into a wedding cake, the cake begins to become more of a birthday or party cake. Here are some examples that you could consider when designing your wedding cake. The cakes are all designed by the designer “Cakes By Sam, Inc.“.Mini Calla Lilies work very well as you will see.
Archive for the ‘Wedding Colors’ Category
We found a great article talking about wedding colors written by Dennis Estrada. Here are some things to think about when picking flowers and decorating for the wedding.
- Black depicts formal, modern, sexy, and sophisticated.
- Blue calls for calmness, tranquility, truthfulness, nobleness, and faithfulness.
- Brown makes you feel comfortable, warm, and cozy.
- Green represents wealth, money, nature, environment, fertility, growth, re-birth, victory, healing, abundant, and renewable.
- Orange stands for energy, sun, warmth and comfortable.
- Pink symbolizes the femininity, admiration, love, pretty, spring, gentleness, harmony, fidelity, and sensuality.
- Purple shows nobility, royalty, luxury, authority, creativity, inspiration, and spirituality. It is a mysterious and intriguing color. The darker shades of purple represent sensuality, while the lighter shades of purple represent romance and delicate.
- Red creates excitement as red raises blood pressure. Red also symbolizes love, passion, sex, and power. Hence, we like to give red roses to show a strong affection of love. Red means good luck in China, while red means purity in India. Life, vitality, celebrations, and gifts are associated with red. The negative images about red are blood, war, danger, fire, and anger.
- White is one of the neutral colors which are common in wedding dress, flowers, and attire. White is also associated with purity, innocence, cleanliness, and virtue. Think of snow, winter, and peace as wedding themes.
- Yellow is a happy, joyful, cheerful, and hopeful color. Because it is close to the color gold, it is sometimes a symbol of wealth.